Saturday, November 29, 2008

How I Blew NaNoWriMo

OK, so I was all set and ready for NaNoWriMo. I was going to take the 15000+ words I'd already written for Blood Revelations Book #3 (Obviously that's not the title, it's just what I'm calling the sucker until I can think of a title) and work in the changes I needed, then plow through the rest of the manuscript, getting it done by November 30th.

But then I had the brilliant idea of holding a month-long contest which kind of required me to make sure I had a new blog posted here every single day... while keeping my blog on Myspace updated frequently... and holding additional e-book giveaways on Myspace... and making 3 trailers... an dreading others' books so I could do trailers for them... and going through additional rounds f edits for Moonlit Dream, and going over the copy-edits and galleys... and stressing over my day job which is a whole OTHER story.

Yeah, I was an idiot for thinking I could do NaNoWriMo. BUT... I have this book (and the 5 following it) contracted so it has to get done, and the sooner the better.

I am writing like a madwoman in December! And I totally expect my loyal Net Friends to ride my ass on a daily basis to make sure I'm making progress on it. I know December means Christmas, but you know what... that's one day I won't write.

All my Christmas shopping is done. Since my daddy died, my family has dwindled down to an eighth of what it was (meaning, other than my children who live with me, I really don't see anyone but my brother on a regular basis) so it's not like I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling from here to there.

I can do it. Dammit, I WILL DO IT!

Operation Tap Out That Mutha is on!

3 comments:

SaturnMoonie said...

Ok I'm up for the challenge...it's OOOOOON GIRL! I will make sure you don't slack...and if you hide I will find you!

First thing's first...I should hop on a plan to Kentucky and steal your Sims 2 cd's ;)

Crystal-Rain Love said...

Boo-yah!

Thanks for the support, but, uh, you come near my Sims cd's and I'll sick my dogs on you. They never pass up fresh meat ( - ;

Dorlana said...

You can do it! I once did a "nano" in January. Works just the same.

Dorlana