Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Meet Some Of My Characters

A question I find myself being asked a lot is... "Who do your characters look like?" It's asked in different ways, but the jest is all the same. Where do I get my inspiration for my characters? What do they look like to me?

Well, they generally come to me fully formed. Sometimes they don't look close enough to anyone I know to make a good comparison. Sometimes they look extremely like (or exactly like) certain celebrities. Those ones, I can "show" you.

Meet My Characters:


From The Fire Still Burns:


Adam Good (David Conrad from Ghost Whisperer)

Photobucket


Brynn Harlow (Cheryl Pollak from The Heights)

Photobucket


From Moonlit Dream:

Jason (Wentworth Miller from Prison Break)

Photobucket


Ming...

Ironically, Ming looks just like the woman on the cover of the book!



From The Blood Revelation series:

Rialto Renaldi (Antonio Sabato Jr, with longer hair)

Photobucket


Jacob (Jake) Porter (Jensen Ackles from Dark Angel & Supernatural)

Photobucket


Jonah Porter (Randall Batinkoff from For Keeps)

Photobucket


Malaika Jordan ( Syesha Mercado)

Photobucket



Those are the ones I can SHOW you. Some of the characters, like Seta, Aria, and Nyla... I just can't find good examples. Seta is kind of a cross between Salma Hayek and the younger version of Priscilla Presley. Aria... I think I actually may have modeled her off one of my daughters, of what I think my oldest daughter will look like when she's older. Nyla... Nyla is BEAUTIFUL. She's caucasian but has a bit of a Hispanic/almost Egyptian-ish look to her. She's very exotic looking... I just can't find ANYONE who resembles her.

I tend to see the men in my stories as celebrities, but the women I "create" in my head. I have no idea why that is. Maybe because most female celebrities are so ridiculously fake-looking I can't stand it. I don't know.

No comments: