Sunday, November 23, 2008

Moonlit Dream ~~~ Win A Free Copy TODAY!!!

EXCERPT:
The remaining wolf turned and stared him down with eyes that faded from red to a smoky topaz. The animal tilted its head and whined. Though it looked as big as the wolves that’d attacked the people he'd been traveling with and had the same red eyes, he sensed no evil. Instinctively, he knew the animal wouldn't hurt him.
Run. Hide yourself.
He started, twisting his head around to discern where the voice he'd heard so clearly had come from. Was there another person in the woods running from the wild beasts? A woman? Had one survived?
Run, you foolish human. Go!
The wolf butted against him with its head, staggered, then fell.
“No way.” He stared at the wolf and, an odd sense of déjà vu washed over him. He'd seen this animal before. He'd dreamed of running through the woods, these woods, with a beautiful black wolf just like her.
He'd woken to find the gorgeous creature staring at him from across his prison cell. No way. No possible way. “I am not out here in the woods hearing animals like freaking Doctor Doolittle.”
You can hear me?
Jason’s eyes widened in disbelief. He tried to back away but the large rock formation blocked his escape route; even the jagged heap of stone looked vaguely familiar. This couldn't be happening. He was just having trouble adapting to the outside world. He'd been in prison too long. That had to be it.
“No freaking way,” he whispered as he studied the animal.
She could only be described as beautiful. Strong, sleek, with fur like black silk shining in the moonlight. He narrowed his eyes as the moon showed something wet glinting off her side.
Tentative and slow, so he wouldn’t startle her, Jason reached out with two fingers and touched the spot. He pulled back bloody fingertips.
“What happened to you, girl?”
I‘ve been shot, and quit talking to me like I'm some mangy mutt.
He jerked his head up to meet her gaze. The wolf stared at him with eyes so human he could be having a conversation with some woman in a bar, not squatting in the forest, talking to a wolf and hearing her respond in his mind.
Jason glanced around, sensing for imminent danger. Those deadly wolves were out there and he sat crouched between a rock wall and an injured animal. The scent of their blood alone would draw all manner of beasts, but he couldn't leave her. She'd saved his life, and he had an affinity for animals.
“Come on, girl, let's get you to a vet and then maybe I can have my head shrunk.” He bent forward to scoop up the black beauty when a threatening growl stopped him.
The bullet was silver. I don't have much longer. Run while you can. They'll kill you! Her eyes burned red, then slowly shifted back to amber.
“Silver? What the hell are you, a Werewolf?” He laughed at the ridiculous notion, but quickly sobered when the wolf didn’t even blink.
Realization caused his stomach to bottom out. The wolves that’d attacked his fellow travelers were much larger than normal, and their eyes had glowed red, too.
“I have seriously lost my mind. Or maybe it's all a dream,” he added, liking that explanation a lot better. “Yeah, this is all a dream and I'm supposed to save you. You'll turn out to be a real hot woman and we'll get freaky in the woods while danger surrounds us. I can handle that.”
She growled again, the sound weaker than before. Leave, you fool. They'll kill you!
“Yeah, sure. I'm going to be killed by Werewolves.” He laughed, his muscles relaxing. “Go ahead and shift for me then. You've gotta be fine as hell since this is my dream.”
Run, you idiot! I can't shift with silver in my body and I'm too weak to protect you!
“Well, that's all you had to say.” He studied her wound, squinting to see it clearly in the dark. “I'll just get this out of you.”
Her eyes blazed red again then quickly flickered out. If you so much as attempt to stick that knife in me--
“Relax, darlin'.” He chuckled. “I happen to have a few cool tricks of my own.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Want a free copy of the book? Go to www.myspace.com/crystalrainlove and leave a comment/ask a question on the blog posted today. Audrey Chadwick and I are both givng away a free copy of our new e-books!

No comments: