Saturday, November 1, 2008

My NaNoWriMo Project

It's officially Day One of NaNoWriMo. While I don't sign up at the official site, I do participate. However, I'm not doing the whole start-from-scratch thing. I have recently signed a contract with Imajinn Books for my Blood Revelation series. Two of those eight books are done and in the editor's hands. Book Three is due by May 1st.
I started on it a looooooong time ago. Then, about 15000 words in, my muse switched gears and wanted to do something else. Then I got published by Sapphire Blue Publishing and had to do edits on The Fire Still Burns and am about to go through Round Three of edits with Moonlit Dream. Needless to say, Blood Rev Book 3 (I'm not sure on a title as of yet)got abandoned.
It was a good thing though, because after stepping away from it awhile I was able to see why I was stuck. I'd started it in the wrong place. It should take place several months after book #2 ends, not a few weeks later.
So now my project for NaNo is to go in and change those first few chapters to correct this problem, then try my best to finish the sucker. That means my first few days' word count is going to be unfairly high. Hence, why I don't do NaNo the official way. But that's OK. The big picture is to write, and get something done or nearly complete by the end of the month. I qualify for that. Besides, this book is going to be more than the required 50,000 words anyway so a little head start isn't so bad. Right?

1 comment:

Dorlana said...

Oh my goodness, and I thought I was busy. Good luck with your nanowrimo project. The year before last I participated kind of the way you are doing; I didn't sign up, I was at chapter 6, and it was January - lol. But I finished my rough draft.
Dorlana