Friday, November 21, 2008

My New Favorite Movie

CENTER STAGE 2: TURN IT UP

Looooooooooooooooooooove it! Great music, awesome dancing, amazing talent.

Kate Parker is a money-less ultra-talented dancer who goes to New Yrk to try out for the prestigious American Ballet Academy. Though she has the talented, she doesn't have th emoney, so when it comes down to the final cut, it's all about funding. One girl's daddy donates a ton of money to the school. Kate's daddy would rather spend money on lottery tickets. Rich snob makes it, Kate doesn't.

Rather than tell her sister the truth, she claims she's made it in and she stays in New York where she finds work at a new club. She also meets Tommy, who did make it into the academy (and I' normally not into the whole blue-eyed blond look but OMG!!!!!!!!!) and falls in love.

Can Tommy convince her she's good enough for another try at the academy?



Seriously, they need to release the soundtrack.

3 comments:

SaturnMoonie said...

Whoa...there's a Center Stage 2??? I didn't even know, when did this come out? I LOVE the first one, so if it's anything like that, then I would love this one too.

Crystal-Rain Love said...

This one is more... focused on the two characters than the ballet academy. Dance is a major part of the plot, but they mix hip-hop style with ballet. It's more of a romance. I love it (better than the first, actualy) because tehy didn't make the same mistake many sequels make. They didn't redo the same movie. The only repeating characters are Jonathan and Cooper (who is back teaching at the academy because his company lost funding, which makes me wonder what hapened to Jody Sawyer). It came out last month, and played heavily on the Oxygen network. I DVR'd it and watch it every day (-:
It's coming out on DVD too.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS MOVIE. IT TOTALLY GIVES YOUNG GIRLS WITH YOUNG DREAMS THAT THEY CAN GET THE PACKAGE, N IT USUALLY COMES WITH A REALLY HOT,CUTE,TALENTED,GORGEOUS N XTREMELY SEXY GUY ALONG THE WAY. KATE'S CHARACTER IS AMAZING N THEY PICKED THE (OMG!TCHSG, TOTALLY CUTE HOT SEXY GUY) RIGHT GUY 2 PLAY THE GUY WHO KATE HELPS WITH HIS DANCING AND EVENTUALLY FALLS INTO A RELATIONSHIP(OR INTO BED I SHOULD SAY).I THINK THAT IN REAL LYPHE THEY WOULD MAKE A GREAT COUPLE. WELL THAT'S ALL N I THINK THAT MORE PEOPLE SHOULD WATCH THIS MOVIE. SO IF U HAVE THA DVD, PLZ LEND IT CUZ ITS AMAZING:-)