Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

It's just after midnight and we're waiting for the kids to fall into a sound sleep so we can do our Santa duties and go to bed ( - ;

It's been a good Christmas. We visited my memmaw, aunt and cousins today. I have to upload the pic of their yorkie who was dressed in a little Santa suit. And a diaper. Yep, that's right. A diaper.

And we visited my brother, his wife and my nephew. They all loved the gifts we gave and the kids LOVED the gifts they received. I gave my brother a box of rocks, which is something I've always wanted to do. You should have seen the look on his face. LOL! It was an expensive box of rocks, though, considering the $50 gift card taped to the bottom.

We made cookies and I let the kids open one gift... their new pj's and robes. Then it was off to bed.

I can't wait until morning to see their little faces when they open their gifts and see what Santa left them, too.

This has been a rough year and things with my job have been not-so-good. I never know if I'll be asked into the office and fired. Knowing how things are going there, I decided to make this Christmas a great one for them just in case things get really bad for us in 2009 (we're already strggling to keep up with mortgage ayments. If I lose my job... I don't even want to think about it).

The kids got some really nice stuff. A Wii for my son, a Furreal Pet Smores Pony for my youngest daughter, and an art easel LOADED with art supplies for my eldest, artist-daughter.

I'm so excited to see their reactions. I hope I can make next year's Christmas great, too, and I hope the economy gets back to normal again, so children everywhere can have good holidays... and homes to enjoy them in.

1 comment:

SaturnMoonie said...

Wow your kids musta been mighty excited to get all those shiny new presents :) I hope your Christmas was nice.