Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rain's Been A Bad, Bad Girl )-:

So... 2008 was the year I succeeded in getting published. And about a week or so after hearing the magic words from one publisher, I got "the call" from another! (OK, so it wasn't an actual call, it was an email, but "the call" comes in many forms.) Two e-books have been published already by Sapphire Blue Publishing. The first in my series with Imajinn will be released in print 12/31/2009.
Have I reached "The Dream" yet? Nope. Not until I'm doing this full-time.
So I should be typing my fingers to the bone, putting out new material.
Here's my upcoming publishing schedule:
12/31/2009 - Blood Revelation Book 1 (Title TBD)
07/31/2010 - Blood Revelation Book 2 (Title TBD)
That's it. Not good, huh? I know. Like I said, I've been very, very bad. I went from working 30 hours a week at my day job to working 40 hours. Not just that, but it's in 10-hour day increments which absolutely drains me so on my off days, I just sleep and/or basically lay around like a talking lump of blah.
Well, I visited Jennifer Armintrout's blog and was very ashamed of myself. She wrote 20 pages a day for 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After having a baby not that long ago, I might add. And I can't even do half that? Oh, no. I have no excuse. I've just been a lazy ass.
I am now recruiting EVERYONE to harp on my ass daily if you don't see my progress meter over there on the right go up. I'm not a superheroine like Jennifer, so I'll take baby steps. I'll set a goal of 10 pages per off day and 5 pages per day I work.
And to make sure I stick to my challenge here, I'm posting my writing plan so you can crack that whip all you want if I stray off the path.
*********************************************************************************
My Writing Plan:

Dec 08/ March 09 - Finish writing Blood Rev book #3


Apr 09- Finish writing LSAYD, a dark paranormal


May 09- Write the sequel to Moonlit Dream

June 09- Write RB (the cowboy story I'm aiming for TWRP's Wayback, Texas series)

July 09/ Nov 09- Write Blood Rev Book 4

*******************************************************************************

I have a project for December, too, but I'd rather not be harped on during the Christmas season ( - ;

So there it is. My plan. Make my ass stick to it so I can get one step closer to being able to write full-time. We should all be living the dream, shouldn't we?

6 comments:

SaturnMoonie said...

*Dusts off the whip* Ohhh yeah! Let the whipping commence. I love cracking the whip at you, it's super fun. :D

Lisa Pietsch said...

I've got a whip too.

Crystal-Rain Love said...

OK, so it's 12:09pm and I'm on page 5. I've written 1328 words and went up 2 percentage points on my progress meter. This is an off day so I still need 5 more pages to meet goal, but I have to take a break now to go run some errands. I'll get back on it though. I figured it out and by doing 5 pages every work day & 10 every non-work day I will have the first draft done by the first week of March. That gives me 3 weeks to edit & polish. AND STAY ON GOAL FOR MY WRITING PLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay! Oh, and Jen... tee hee... I threw your name in there. LOL!

SaturnMoonie said...

OH God! LOL.

I'm glad your writing though. But also a lil sad that I can't use the whip yet. :P

SaturnMoonie said...

*cracks whip in the air* Where's the progress, Rain? I don't see it. Don't make me use the whip!

Crystal-Rain Love said...

LOL! I knew it was comin'. I have a good excuse though. I was rolling through pages on Wednesday when.... electric went out. So I got 5 1/2 pages done instead of my ten. On Thursday I planned to write after working my 10-hour shift but Mr. Man unplugged some stuff and it took forever to figure out what the heck he did to "neutralize" my computer. Then Friday I chaperoned my son's field trip and I was stuck with his little friend who insisted on running off every 5 seconds. Girl, I NEVER go to bed before midnight at the earliest but I came home from that trip, took a 2 hour nap, and STILL went to bed at 10:30 that night! That kid wore me out. I worked today from 8am-6:30pm and am going through all my emails and such. I'm going to try and finish the chapter I was on after the kids settle down a bit. Thank goodness I have 4 days off in a row next week. I hope to get a lot done.