Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Holy Crap, I'm Good!

So I'm closing in on the finish line of this book and all of a sudden--WAM!-- It hit. That idea that just comes out of nowhere and sheds light on everything, wrapping up all these small pieces I've hinted at throughout the book but didn't even know myself.

That moment when I stop typing, look at the story in front of me, and whisper "Holy crap, how the hell did I do that?"

But the thing is, though this is some new idea that just popped out of space, it has been there from the start. I might not have known about it, but it was there the whole time, just waiting for me to catch up.

Now all the worries of loose pieces and adding things up in the end are gone, because it's all there. Everything is so clear now, and it always was. My characters are smiling at me, thinking "Damn, girl. We were wondering when you were going to catch on."

This is the moment that makes it all worthwhile. All the late nights and dreams, the moments I'm supposed to be focused on somthing but these pesky characters won't shut up in my head... The moment it all just falls into place like magic.

This is why I will always be a pantser. Forget plotting and all that crap. I love this moment when all the crazy crap I've typed over the months just comes together. I wouldn't give that up for... what? Order? A plotline? Puh-leeze.

And, I've said it before, folks. I do not write these stories. I'm just the vessel helping the words to the paper. I have no control over any of it. Whatsoever.

And I like it that way.

I might just finish this book today after all.

2 comments:

SaturnMoonie said...

Wow that is so awesome. I'm so happy and proud of my Rain. :D You're an inspiration to me (a pantser) and you kick ass and the world needs to know it.


RAIN KICKS ASS!!!

Crystal-Rain Love said...

LOL! Thanks, Moonie.