Tuesday, February 9, 2010

True Ghost Stories

I've always been into paranormal stuff, whether it be movies, shows, or... of course... BOOKS. It was only natural I would write a lot of paranormal. I grew up with ghosts, as in I know they are real because I've lived in a haunted house. Call me crazy. Don't care. I know what I've witnessed.

One of my earliest run-ins with ghosts was with my first pet. I had a beautiful white german shepherd that died when I was 9 years old. For two weeks after his death, he still greeted my brother and I at the door when we got home from school. I kid you not. We'd walk in and there he'd be standing there waiting on us. Then he'd disappear, but during dinner his dog bowl would move and at night you could hear the creak at the foot of my brother's bed where he'd sleep.

My dad never believed in such things until he happened to move into a haunted house. Nothing happened in the house until he decided to add on. Apparently, whoever lived there before did not like it because suddenly we were haunted. My dad found a coin in the hallway right where he'd added on and put it on his nightstand. The next morning the coin was where he'd found it. This went on and on and on.
While sitting downstairs you could hear someone walking upstairs... when no one was there.
Once while home alone I left the living room to go to the bathroom. When I came back, the furniture was turned around.
The ghost didn't care for my taste in music, as he constantly changed the radio station over to the oldies.
Oh. Remember those old cable boxes that you had to change the channel by pushing in the button? Imagine sitting in front of the TV and all of a sudden that button is being pushed and someone you can't see is channel-surfing. Yeah. Creepy.
There were knocks on the door and no one there, things falling over that just couldn't have fallen without being pushed, and shadows crossing doorways.
I think what took the cake was the day I was getting something out of the microwave and turned to see a man walk right through the kitchen... and disappear.


So... How many of you have seen a real spirit? Care to share your true ghost stories?

4 comments:

Crystal-Rain Love said...

Remember, peoples. Leave a comment and include the tag #CRLwin in it to be entered for the next drawing. I'll be drawing a winner on 2/24 to receive a copy of Guardian Cowboy! Comment on ANY post in this blog & include the tag for multiple entries!!!

SaturnMoonie said...

Your ghost stories are much cooler than mine! :P

Okay, here are the first 3 "ghost stories" that come to mind.

1. When I was 9 I was over at my best friend's house. I had been living in the States for about 3 years and I hadn't seen my family in Puerto Rico since I left. I was sitting on my best friend's bed with her, talking and laughing, and she said something that made me laugh so hard I closed my eyes. When I opened them back up I saw my brother's face instead of hers.

I blinked a couple of times, but he was still there. He just smiled at me, a sad smile, and then faded away and her features came back. It was really weird.

A few months later I went to visit my family in PR and I found out my brother had died a few months before I got there. Around the time that I saw him.

2. (Continuation of story 1) The night I found out my brother had died, I spent the night at my other brother's house. My sister-in-law had my oldest nephew sleep with her and I took his bedroom. That night, when we all went to bed, my bedroom door remained opened. The house was pitch black, which didn't bother me, I love the darkness. I was laying in bed with my eyes closed, and I had a strange feeling that someone was watching me. I opened my eyes and looked at the doorway, and there was my dead brother, standing in the doorway looking at me. We stared at eachother for a few seconds and then he turned around and started walking down the hall. I got out of bed and went to follow him, and when I rounded the corner of the door I saw him vanish halfway down the corridor, right where there was a skylight.

I went back to bed, and replayed what just happened in my mind. About 5-10 minutes later, it sunk in. I screamed my head off. LOL. I ended up sleeping in my SIL's bed with her and all 3 of my nephews.

3. I think I was 12 or 13 years old. It was either around midnight or a little bit passed it. We were on our way home. We lived in the middle of nowhere, our street was actually a road. Very deserted. The houses were pretty far from one another. Ours was the only car on the road. We were talking when all of a sudden on my side of the car (where there was just trees and woods, no houses) a woman in a fluorescent jumpsuit pops out of the trees and jogs right in front of the car.

My mom slams on the breaks, because we almost hit her. She doesn't even acknowledges us, she just keeps on jogging, past our car and into the street across from us.

When we pass by the street where she jogged to 3 seconds earlier, she was gone. There was no trees in the area and the houses were far away. It was just straight road and grass, nowhere to hide. But she wasn't there.

Now I'm not 100% sure if she had a fluorescent jumpsuit on or if she was just glowing. LOL.

#CRLwin

Crystal-Rain Love said...

Wow, Moonie. That first one gave me chills. I think that was like a psychic thing. It reminded me of the night my grandmother went to the hospital. I was taking a bath and heard her say my name so loud I tossed back the curtain, jumped out of the tub and nearly broke my neck. LOL! It gave me this unsettled feeling so I called my bro and told him. He was like "WTF? I was literally about to pick up the phone to call you. Grandma just left in an ambulance." I think your brother had you on his mind while dying and wanted to "get in touch" with you at that time to kind of say goodbye.

Julie Robinson said...

I love your stories. Wow! I so want to believe.
But you know, occasionally I will be resting and feel/hear the light jump of a cat on the bed and the soft indentation as he moves across the bed to be near me. When I reach my hand out, it is not my cat that is still alive. There's nothing there. I believe it's my Mr. Data who died 10 years ago. He always knew when to come comfort me.

#CRL win