Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fastest Book Ever

I just finished writing the first novella in my Cook County, Colorado series. I got the idea for it ten days ago, wrote the first scene... and then just took off from there.

I've always written novellas quicker than novels, the fast pace and short time frame they require always making it easier to stay on track, but this one breaks the record. 10 days from concept to finish. If I can keep this up I won't have any problem getting multiple books out per year.

This story (for now I'm going with the title Second Chance Cowboy)features Chance Masters, an ex-bullrider. As usual when working on a story, a secondary character stood out and caught my eye so book #2 is already being thought out. It will feature Chance's brother, Lucky. Hopefully I'll write it as quickly as I wrote this one and then move along to the next.

I loved writing Guardian Cowboy for the Wayback Texas series and decided to start my own series revolving around a town rich with cowboys. Hopefully TWRP will be as enthusiastic about it as I am. After a 3-release beginning to the year, I'd love to get some new material out before the end of 2010.

No comments: