Monday, April 26, 2010

I Might As Well Quit Writing...

I've been noticing a rise in traffic to my website since my new releases this year. Of course this excited me, imagining how that would translate into sales. I got kind of suspicious when I saw so many of the visitors to the site were from several different countries. What in the world was happening to gain so much attention from foreign countries?


Found it today. Apparently, my foreign readers really love to download illegal copies of my books. I get no compensation from this, by the way.

I wrote an article about it here: http://bit.ly/c1GG0T but basically, my books are being illegally downloaded by the 1,000s and I am still scraping by on unemployment trying to feed my kids while searching night and day for a job.

Why bother writing if it's just going to be stolen? I might as well resort to something more lucrative to me... like hookering. You can't illegally download that.


In case I haven't said it enough, People Suck Ass.

To my readers who have legally purchased my books (or got them from a library, used book store, and other LEGAL means) I thank you deeply for being decent human beings.


To my readers who choose to just steal what I spend months working on, knowing what they are doing is wrong, and depriving me of the royalties I deserve and would love to have so I can quit worrying about keeping my house... I believe in karma so I'm not going to even say what I wish upon you.

Grow a conscience, people. It's not that hard.

2 comments:

Penelope said...

What goes around comes around.

;)

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

That really sucks! :( But I agree with you, karma will get them.