Sunday, January 9, 2011

2 Jobs, 3 Kids, 2 Dogs, 1 Hamster, 2 Birds & 7 Books/Novellas To Write....

I guess you could say I'm in for a challenging and very busy year. I just got hired for a second job, so now I don't have just a day job helping me keep my kids & animals in food and toiletries until this whole International Best-Seller thing happens (it's gonna happen, haters. It's gonna happen!!!!) but instead, I have two jobs. I will be putting in 60+ hours a week outside the house in order to make that almighty (and sometimes elusive) dollar.

And I still intend to write 7 books/novellas this year.


It's not going to be easy...at all. I'm going to miss my kids while I'm working so much, but the fact is we need money and until I get more books out there into the reading world I have to do what I have to do. It's going to be hard leaving one job and going right to another with no time with my kiddos in-between, but I plan on having very fun weekends with them. With the extra money I'll be bringing in we'll be able to do much more fun and exciting things together than we have been doing lately.

Of course, fitting in time for writing is another issue. I must share my weekends with my characters as they vie for my attention against the kiddos. With the extra money I may buy one of those Neo things(is that what they're called?) and write in-between jobs and on breaks/lunches.

If anything, this latest development will definitely give me the push I need to stay focused. Every time I want to sleep in and know I can't, every time I'm forced to cram all my favorite weeknight shows into one Saturday, every time I shed a tear missing something so simple as sitting down to dinner with my babies, I'm going to be that more motivated to finish a book and get it out there into the hands of agents and publishers.

This is going to be the most tiring year of my life, but it's all going to be worth it. :)

7 comments:

Penelope said...

Good luck, Crystal-Rain! I am so impressed with your stamina and determination. You gotta get that hamster pulling his weight...maybe he can help to fold laundry or something?

:)

Hope you have a great 2011! I'm looking forward to reading all your new books!

Crystal-Rain Love said...

Thanks! Keep your fingers crossed that I don't crap out after a few weeks. LOL!

Judy said...

Wow! You put this old retired teacher to shame! I need to get a job to supplement my retirement, but those are hard to come by these days! Good luck to you! I'm betting you get all that writing done, too!

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hi Crystal! Just wanted to let you know that I've just given you a Stylish Blogger Award! :)

Crystal-Rain Love said...

Thanks! ;)

Tabitha Blake said...

I know the feeling. It is tough trying to balance everyday life with you writing life. I think we all struggle with it. Wish you all the best and many sales.

Crystal-Rain Love said...

Thank you, thank you! I need all the luck and blessings I can get. I've been such a lazy writer so far. Now I'm organizing TWO contests, trying to put together a birthday party for my kids. Whew....