Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome, 2011

Happy New Year's, everyone. It's officially 2011 where I'm at and for the first time in my life, I actually care about the year changing. I never really celebrated before. I've always been the type to hold on to things... like the past. I would dwell on all the bad things and let crappy stuff affect me.

I'm done.

Stepping into 2011, I am letting go of all toxic people and toxic things in my life. I am not going to dwell on mistakes I have made in the past or waste my time concerning myself with people who are not concerned with me. And I am not going to waste my time being angry with anyone over anything.

When people hurt you or do things to spite you and you keep thinking about it, wondering why, or caring about it you are giving them power over you. If they were worth your time and consideration they would have never hurt you to begin with.

I have a big year ahead of me with a goal to complete 7 books/novellas in 12 months. I will do it with a smile no matter what life throws my way because I am the only person who can make or break me, and no one is stealing my positivity this year. Ghosts from my past will stay in my past, locked away out of my mind.

Smile, everyone. It's a new year, a new day, and a new start on the rest of your life.

1 comment:

Christle Gray said...

Here's to a stellar year, my friend! We can do it!