Thursday, August 9, 2012

Slayer's Prey Cover, Take II !!!

Ok, so this was my original cover: Which I had grown to really love the guy. Fellow authors know what I mean when I say you have to learn to accept your cover heroes and heroines. They never look the way you pictured them to look. Take this hero, Jacob Porter, for example. This is what he really looks like: Yup. Jensen Ackles was the image planted in my head way back in 2004 when I wrote this book. But I liked my original cover guy, and I liked that he wore a wifebeater and a cross necklace. It fit Jake Porter. You can imagine how I felt seeing that exact same cover on someone else's book about two or three days ago. Oh, curse you, stock photos!!!! So anyway, told my editor and Presto Change-o! New cover: Jakie lost his shirt. I'm sure many ladies will love this but my male buds who were awaiting this one are going to feel a little awkward... lol. I like it. I'd prefer a shirt on my hero but whatever. It's all good. The panther on this one is BEAUTIFUL!

No comments: