Monday, September 9, 2013

LITTLE WHITE LIES Now Available!

Little White Lies is now available at Amazon.


It'll be exclusive to Kindle for 3 months, then available on Nook as well. I do this exclusivity because I get a higher royalty rate during the months my books are exclusive and the fact is, I just don't sell a lot on Nook. Not sure why that is, but it's a bummer.





This is the cover chosen for the Kindle edition. After the mixed feedback received on covers, I decided to go with this one for Kindle. I'll use a different one for Nook, and if I release in print, I'll choose a different one for that. 


This is actually the second book I ever wrote, and the first written as "romance."  It was a hard sell as the hero and heroine were 19 and 15 when they got together and their relationship resulted in a teenage pregnancy. I'm thankful for self-publishing so I can sell this story. 

I just can't do the cookie cutter romance. Whatever I write, it comes out with a dark side to it. I have to have something real. I enjoy reading the happy, bubbly love stories, too, but let's face it. We read romances because we want to believe in second chances. We want to believe that no matter how badly a relationship has been screwed up, no matter how dire the circumstances, no matter how poor the choices or horrible the mistakes,  it can be saved. 

Those are the stories I write. I drag my poor characters through hell to show that no matter what, there is always hope.  

No comments: